Group Health, Life & Disability Insurance Plans
Builders Exchange members are eligible to enroll in a Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan Group Health Plan which provides comprehensive hospital coverage with wide-ranging medical/surgical coverage at a group premium rate. Members are also eligible for carefully chosen group life and disability plans which protect them and their family from the high cost of a catastrophic accident or long-term illness.
Company Employee Health Insurance Program – The Builders Exchange offers members access to Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Michigan which provides preventive care and comprehensive hospital coverage with wide-ranging medical/surgical coverage at a group premium rate. Association Benefits Company is our authorized BCBSM administrator and they work with all agents. If you would like more information, please visit their website or call Sherrian Greenwood at 1-800-782-0712.
Individual Employee and Family Health Insurance Plans - NEW! Introducing MyBlueSM- Individual Coverage direct with BCBSM
The Builders Exchange now offers new BCBSM health care plans for individuals and families at all stages of life. Whether you’re single, a recent college graduate, self-employed, starting a family, or considering early retirement, BCBSM has a plan to meet your needs and budget. Click here for eligibility, review plan options and to enroll on line!
Workers Compensation Program
Hastings Mutual Insurance Company is the preferred provider of workers compensation coverage for our members. Hastings Mutual insurance products and services are designed to meet the needs of the construction industry. Hastings Mutual Insurance offers discounts to Builders Exchange members.
Our annual golf outing at Centennial Acres is a great opportunity for members to relax and enjoy a fun day of golf with others in the construction industry. In addition to two golf outings each year, there is also a BBQ in the fall, and a holiday gathering in December.
What's in the Newsletter...
Our newsletter is printed every Friday morning, then e-mailed or mailed out to all regular members. The newsletter consists of a summary section in the front listing all of the projects out for bid, in alphabetical order by city. Next, the projects are listed in great detail in bid-date order. You will find everything from scope of work to where to submit your bid to, with phone and fax numbers listed for your convenience. Bidders lists are also included when available. There is a pre-bid section so you will know what projects are in the works, along with an apparent lows and contract awarded section at the back of the newsletter. We try to include as many details as possible in our newsletter so our members will have all of the information necessary to make an informed bid.
Buyers Guide & Membership Directory
Our guide book is printed at the beginning of every year, then distributed to all regular members. The book includes a complete directory of all regular members, along with a listing of architects and engineers. All regular members are listed alphabetically, with the option of being listed by classification. Many organizations depend on our book when searching for specific contractors or services. It’s a great book to have on hand!
- Web Site: All regular members are issued an ID and password to access our website. The site lists all of the projects out for bid, detailed project info, jobs in pre-bid, contracts awarded, bidders lists, directories and much more.
- On Line Plan Room: Upgraded members can view plans and specs online, 24 hours a day. It's a great timesaver! View last minute addenda without ever leaving your office. All regular members can sign up for a FREE 2 WEEK TRIAL to check out the online plan room. (fee for online plan room is $175 quarterly or $700 annually....this fee is in addition to your regular dues).
- UPS Service: Members can ship items from our office rather than take the item to UPS or subscribe to their service.
- Copy Service: Blueprints and spec pages can be copied within our office. (plans / $2.50 per sheet, specs / .15 per page)
- FTP/Flash Drive Assistance: Members can bring flash drives or ftp information to the BX staff for assistance in downloading and printing documents.
- Overnight Plan Checkout: Members can reserve certain projects to be checked out overnight. Plans may be checked out after 4:00 pm, and returned the following morning by 8 am. There is a drop box located outside the building for your convenience. .
- AIA Documents: Free to our members.